To date, the ECO has created unique sites and resources:
But it is difficult for new participants to understand so much information, resources and it makes onboarding and “getting into” the ECO project very difficult.
I think the inclusiveness provided by having several languages is in line with the ECO development plans. That’s why https://www.eco-faq.online/ was created more than a year ago for the main Russian-speaking community. The site has been actively maintained/updated by k310pdi for 15 months. The site translated and collected all the basic information on ECO project, active tasks, roles, channels in discord, described how to earn tokens and etc. A calendar was also created at Events - Eco Academy to keep track of all major events and active tasks. The calendar was maintained/updated by Lewis_08.
According to leaderboard: more than 75% of ECO token holders are Russian-speaking (https://ecogg.xyz/users), i.e. it can be concluded that more than 70-75% of all ECO participants today are Russian-speaking.
Taking into consideration that ECO is in the early stage of formation, new participants will join ECO and it is necessary to help them to pass onboarding as fast as possible, to get basic knowledge and start helping the project, But many participants do not yet have a high enough level of English yet or at first it is difficult for them to understand the ECO server. That’s why the site https://www.eco-faq.online and the calendar Events - Eco Academy will be the best single source for Russian-speaking participants to get this information: the site will additionally create tutorials, tests, quizzes, etc. We want https://www.eco-faq.online to work in the ECO system and to be an important center for development of other ECO ideas/directions.
The website is actively used by many new members, as we can see by the statistics - every month the site is visited by at least 1500-2000 people. Maximum number of visits per month was more than 39К people.
Schedule of visits to the site.
Currently, the ECO does not have a reward system (the previously used point award system has been terminated). We propose a grant for the development of the website https://www.eco-faq.online/ and the calendar Events - Eco Academy
This Proposal proposes a grant of 600,000 ECO tokens to maintain and develop the https://www.eco-faq.online/ website and the Events - Eco Academy calendar over the next 3 months.
Once the grant has been used, we can reapply for the grant from the community: the community may grant the funding request or if the community decides that the website and calendar are not doing their job - may deny the grant request.
Grants from the ECO are the best option for funding activities that focus on the development of the ECO. We have completed the first phase of the early community, which lasted almost 1 year and 7 months. Now there’s a new stage where the main task is the development of the ECO and the community is one of the main tools for that.
But new participants need to be as informative as possible and help them through onboarding, so that their goals and expectations coincide with the plans of ECO.
The site https://www.eco-faq.online will help them in this, where all the most useful information will be collected, translated recordings of streams and meetings with the team in Russian, etc., and the calendar Events - Eco Academy.
- Maintaining the https://www.eco-faq.online website and Events - Eco Academy calendar.
- Ongoing updating and contributing information to https://www.eco-faq.online and the calendar Events - Eco Academy.
- Development of the website https://www.eco-faq.online
- Translation of weekly AMAs and working group calls and publication of the translation on the website
- Development and implementation of onboarding tools for new members (tests, quizzes)
- Publication of all important announcements from crypto space on the site.
- Translation into Russian and publication of Proposal on the site, so that participants could read them in detail.
In this section the algorithm for calculating the grant is described.
For the basis was taken the average market calculation of hourly pay in the amount of 28 $/hour, also it should be taken into account that the writing of author’s materials have additional value.
In order to form such a price we analyzed such projects:
SushiSwap Hiring Guidelines V4 - Proposals - SushiSwap
Calculation of weekly downloads:
- Contributing Information to the Site and Developing the Site https://www.eco-faq.online
Estimated hours per week each: 12.
There are a lot of activities and news that need to be published on the site each week, and new functionality will be added to the site
- Putting up-to-date information into the calendar Events - Eco Academy.
Estimated hours per week each: 3
- Developing new copyright materials: tests, quizzes, tutorials
Estimated hours per week each: 13
Every month a new author’s material will be released - it can be a quiz, a test, an article.
- Translation of AMA and working group meetings
Estimated hours per week each: 10
There are three calls each week:
- Open Office Hours - every Tuesday at 18:00 MSC/3 pm UTC with Dave | Eco#2900 - a call to discuss anything related to the community: any ideas, suggestions, events, onboarding, roles, etc.
- Builders Office Hours - every Wednesday at 20:00 MSC/5 pm UTC with raoeco#3755 (product manager) - talk about Eco infrastructure/products on call.
- AMA session with Andy | Eco#0001 and Ryne | Eco#2172 - every Thursday at 22:00
The average length of one call is about 1 hour. We also need extra time to make the final AMA squeeze. The transfer will be published on https://www.eco-faq.online within 72 hours.
The calculation takes the price of the ECO token as of today $0.02305 USD.
We are asking for a grant of 600,000 ECO tokens:
- 50% ( 300,000 ECO tokens) to allocate from the moment of approval of the proposal
- 50% (300,000 ECO tokens) to allocate at the end of the 3-month period.
Any participant or member of the ECO team can track the information on the website https://www.eco-faq.online , the work done and the materials developed.
The grant will be used by the team: k3pdi and @lewis08, additional participants will also be recruited as needed.
- Objectivity. All information will be published according to official sources.
- Quality. All developed material and translation should be made at a high enough level.
- Timeliness. All information will be published on time
- A grant of 600,000 ECO tokens for the development of https://www.eco-faq.online and the Events - Eco Academy calendar over the next 3 months.
- To reject the grant proposal