Monetary Policy Discussion: Generation 1023 (September 1 - September 15 2023)

This topic has been created for the Eco Trustees to discuss the monetary policy that will be enacted on Friday September 15. As always, the policy will be in effect for two weeks — this is for Generation 1023, which runs from September 1 - September 15 .

Trustees are encouraged to post via replies under this topic to:

• Discuss what policy they have proposed and/or are voting for, and why
  • Engage in public dialogue/debate with other Trustees

Community discussion will occur in the #trustee-community channel on Discord .

2 Likes

Same as last cycle - I will support (and submit if necessary) the high APR proposal with the idea of providing more value to holders and collecting data on high APR scenarios, since the current monetary policy does not result in holders locking their tokens (the current policy is basically an equivalent of the default 0/0/0/0 monetary policy).

1 Like

In the last two generations post-Beam launch I said:

In other generations I have been in very much in favour of experiments — and, conceptually, I love those proposed around higher APR proposals & random inflation this cycle — but will abstain from ranking those highly again until things are more stable in the ecosystem.

We’re now over a month out, and I am in favour of going back to experimentation. I will support the high APR proposal this time, followed by the other proposals in descending order.

2 Likes

Same as last cycle, Bismarck is proposing a 1% supply decrease, and a 7% APR lockup with a 120-day duration. Prices are still sliding, and we’d like to balance them out while still providing a lockup that has been popular thus far.

1 Like

I don’t like to see price sliding, but I don’t see a high lockup being effective in turning that around. It’s my opinion that the price slide is due to overall market conditions and a general view of Eco’s adoption. I will stick to moderate inflation (5.5%) for a 30 days (not longer than 30 days in order to be able to react if the market changes).

1 Like