Monetary Policy Discussion: Generation 1027 (October 27th - November 10th 2023)

This topic has been created for the Eco Trustees to discuss the monetary policy that will be enacted on Friday November 10th. As always, the policy will be in effect for two weeks — this is for Generation 1027, which runs from October 27- November 10th.

Trustees are encouraged to post via replies under this topic to:

• Discuss what policy they have proposed and/or are voting for, and why
  • Engage in public dialogue/debate with other Trustees

Community discussion will occur in the #trustee-community channel on Discord .

2 Likes

I’ve submitted 20%APR/60days lockup policy (~3.28% rate) because 15% APR is not interesting for current holders, nobody staked in the last cycle. Since we are in experimental phase, I think we can implement even higher APR to reward holders and collect more data.

1 Like

As in the previous cycles, I am in favour of us continuing to experiment in monetary policy.

For the same reasons @MikeWeb stated above, I will support the highest APR proposal once again this time (20.3% was the highest proposed this cycle), followed by the other proposals in descending order.

I view ECO akin to a High-Yield emerging market credit. Currently that yield is 9-10 percent (or about a 5-6 percentage risk premium to US Treasuries. Using that benchmark, I am proposing a 10 percent yield for this monetary policy cycle. Thank you Pete Dattels